During his 30 years in health care financial management Gary Hickerson has:
- Analyzed hundreds of managed care contracts for hospital systems, medical groups and ancillary service providers;
- developed and managed health care provider networks and provider sponsored insurance plans;
- conducted feasibility studies for a host of new services and product lines ranging from CT scanners to hospital buildings, helicopter and behavioral health services, medical offices and school based clinics;
- managed the annual financial planning process for a major teaching hospital and health care system;
- taught graduate level courses in health care finance.
- Gary is also a licensed insurance agent who has helped many employers reduce cost and improve employee benefits.
Gary’s current community activities include:
- Treasurer of the Healthy Teens Coalition of Manatee County
- Vice Chair of the Holmes Beach Planning Commission
Gary has a master of business administration degree from the University of Dayton